Called Korea Home

From: Sunday, 28 December 2008
To: Thursday, 10 October 2013
For 1748 days
Or 4 years, 9 months, 13 days
Or 249 weeks and 5 days

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Anticipation

I have one more day left. My flight leaves Friday morning for Korea, and as the journey begins, I can't help but quiver with excitement and nervousness.

Am I making the right decision? How will this all play out? How in the world did I end up moving to Korea? A year ago this was not even on the radar. How life changes... I know the answer to that question (how I end up in Korea) but that is a story for another day. Right now is Christmas, and I am spending my last few hours in the States with the people that I love the most, and I just crept downstairs to put the presents under the tree...

My sister came into my room and started crying that I was leaving her, I had to kick her out. I don't want to cry. Not yet. Not now. This trip is the only thing allowing me retain shreds of sanity. But I will not dwell on the pains of 2008. 2009 will be good. I can feel it.

So I will try to sleep and not be so nervous and not wonder why but instead enjoy this time given to me....
Happy Holidays

No comments: